You will need to Reset your Acura RDX 2009 2010 2011 2012 oil change light manually after every oil change. If it is not properly reset the system can’t track when your next oil change is due.
Acura RDX 2009 2010 2011 2012 Oil Change Light Reset Procedure
- Turn ignition switch to ON (II) position.
- Push and release the SEL/RESET button repeatedly until the engine oil life indicator is displayed.
- Press and hold SEL/RESET button for more than 10 seconds. The remaining engine oil life reset mode will be shown on multi-information display.
- Press UP or DOWN button repeatedly until the RESET indicator is displayed, then press the SEL/RESET button. The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to 100.
- If you want to cancel the oil life reset mode, select CANCEL.
NOTE: Models equipped with the keyless access system have an engine start/stop button instead of an ignition switch. ON Mode is the equivalent of ON (II)
NOTE: On RDX: If the engine oil life is not displayed, press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel repeatedly until the multi-information display shows blank, SH-AWD and tire pressure.
NOTE: If you are resetting the display when the engine oil life is more than 15 %, make sure any maintenance item(s) requiring service are done before resetting the display.
This is the Acura RDX 2009 2010 2011 2012 oil change light reset procedure. If this procedure is not working for your Acura RDX 2009 2010 2011 2012 please check our Frequently Asked Questions page HERE. The information on this site is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle.