You should check oil at least once a week!
All you need is a rag.
How To Check Oil in 7 Easy Steps
- Park your vehicle on a level surface.
- Turn off the engine.
- Open the hood.
- Locate and remove the oil dipstick.
- Wipe the oil off of the dipstick with a rag.
- Reinsert the dipstick to the fully seated position.
- Remove the dipstick and check the level on the stick.
That’s all there is to it, now you know how to check oil.
This is also a good time for a few other quick steps
- Top off your washer fluid.
- Check all of your under hood fluids.
- Do a quick walk around, look for anything out of the ordinary.
- Check the pressure and condition of your tires.